Curious about lip filler injections with JUVÉDERM® or other dermal fillers? At our Elk Grove, Folsom, Roseville, and Sacramento med spas, we’ve performed more lip injections than we can count, and we’ve learned a thing or 2 about what people often wish they had known heading into the experience.
In this blog post, we’re spilling all our tips for having the best experience possible and getting results you’re obsessed with, whether it’s your first time or your hundredth.
1. Choosing the right injector is the most important step you’ll take.
When it comes to getting results you love, it’s all about choosing an injector you love. Of course, you’ll always want to choose a trained and credentialed professional who will keep you safe. Beyond that, though, you’ll want to choose someone who really listens to what you want and uses their expertise to make it happen—someone who cares about you and your results.
How can you be sure you’re making the right choice? Start here:
- Read reviews: See what real patients have shared about their experiences.
- Check for credentials: Your injector should be an MD, RN, NP, or PA.
- Browse before-and-after photos: Results speak for themselves!
2. Bigger is not always better.
It’s tempting to go for that dramatic, plump pout, but getting lips that look amazing is about more than just volume. It’s better to focus on a lip shape and size that flatters your face.
Strategically placed filler using the right formulation gives you full, voluminous lips that don’t look overfilled or unnatural. It may take less filler than you think to achieve lips you love.
3. Prep for your appointment to lower your chances of bruising.
Some swelling and bruising are normal after lip injections, but you can do a few things to speed up the healing process:
- Avoid alcohol, aspirin, and other blood-thinning substances for a couple of days before and after your appointment. (Tylenol’s OK for pain relief!)
- Pick up some arnica to accelerate healing. This natural supplement limits swelling and bruising. Take some the morning of your appointment and for a few days after.
Get more details about what to do before and after lip injections in this previous blog post.
4. When in doubt, start small.
If you’re not sure how much volume you want, try starting with a more subtle look and building up once you get a feel for how much you like your results.
If you do go bigger and change your mind, you can dissolve the hyaluronic acid fillers used for your lip injections at any time. Or, you can wait for your lips to naturally decrease in volume over the next few months
5. Give yourself time to heal.
Don’t book any big events for the day of your appointment. While you will be able to return to your usual routine right away for the most part, it’s best to keep any major social gatherings off your calendar for at least a couple of weeks. This gives swelling and bruising time to subside so you can step out with confidence.
Want to learn more about lip injections from our dermal fillers specialists in the Sacramento area? Please contact us online or give us a call at (916) 844-4913!