Another new school year has arrived, which means another opportunity to start fresh with fabulously clear skin! You’ve got enough first-day jitters to deal with—the last thing you need is to stress about your skin when the big day arrives. If you’re looking for acne treatment, our Elk Grove, Folsom, Roseville, and Sacramento skin specialists are here to help!
Here’s your guide to starting the school year with the confidence of clear skin. Read on to learn how to ace your first day back!
Build Your Perfect Product Collection
You don’t have to have a huge collection of high-end products to achieve skin you feel amazing about. For the most part, keeping it simple is the way to go—check out our previous blog post to learn why. But when it comes to clearing up your complexion, having some specialized products on your side makes a huge difference.
We’ve worked to create the ultimate acne-fighting arsenal with our DA™ Skin Acne collection. It includes:
- DA™ Advanced Acne 10-2 Cleanser: Formulated with benzoyl peroxide and free of oils, gluten, and fragrance.
- DA™ Advanced Acne Control Gel 10%: An acne-controlling boost to your cleansing routine.
- DA™ Acne Control 10-2 Body Spray: Reduces body breakouts and removes the dead skin cells that interfere with proper oil drainage.
- DA™ Advanced Treatment 10-2 Pads: Super popular with our teen clients who need some quick and effective oil-clearing power.
At our Beauty Store, you’ll also find plenty of medical-grade products specifically formulated to clear breakouts and keep acne at bay.
Here’s what Ilsa, a real DA™ patient, said about her skincare journey:
“I have struggled with acne since I can remember, so starting a regimen of facials and products specified for my skin has helped in targeting my areas of concern. Doing facials around every 2 to 4 weeks balanced out my skin and its texture through exfoliation and infusion of serums. Using products like the DA Pigment Correcting Pads helped with the pigmentation I had from acne scarring, overall brightening my skin. My favorite product I used was the DA Lipid replenishing cream, which kept my skin hydrated without causing more breakouts. I would also use the DA Acne Control Gel to spot treat any breakouts that came up (especially from wearing masks). Continuing a skincare regimen has helped me stay consistent with my skin and diminish the amount of breakouts I get regularly.”
See Ilsa’s before-and-after photos below!
Turn to Treatments for an Extra Boost
If your at-home routine isn’t quite giving you the glow you’re after, you may want to try a med spa treatment. Our clients’ favorites include:
- DiamondGlow™: Exfoliates dead cells, extracts pore blockages, and infuses your skin with medical-grade serums.
- Cutera® Excel V Laser Genesis: Kills acne-causing bacteria, reduces redness, and stimulates collagen production to minimize leftover scarring.
Your Countdown to Clear Skin
Looking to banish breakouts before the big day? Stick to this timeline for flawless first-day-of-school skin:
- 3 weeks before school: Visit a DA™ skincare specialist to formulate your personalized treatment plan. Your helpful esthetician, nurse, or PA will set you up with product recommendations and talk over some treatments that may be right for you.
- 2 weeks before: Stick to your skincare plan religiously and resist the urge to pop pimples or pick at scars. (If you just can’t resist, make sure you do it as safely as possible. Check out this Verywell Health guide for pointers.)
- 1 week before: Treat your skin to a DiamondGlow™ treatment to get it looking its best before the big day. There’s little to no recovery time, so no need to worry about leftover redness or purging.
Why Make Destination Aesthetics™ Your Home for Back-to-School Skin Treatments?
Skin consultations at DA™ are complimentary, so there’s no harm in coming in to talk over your concerns. Our team knows skin—there’s a reason we’ve been voted Best Medical Spa by Sacramento Magazine 3 years in a row!
Our skincare hubs in Folsom and Roseville are your home for achieving the gorgeous skin you’ve always wanted. Whether you’re planning for the first day of school, the first day at a new job, or just the first day of the rest of your life, you deserve to arrive with clear-skin confidence!
If you’re ready to get started at one of our med spa locations in Elk Grove, Folsom, Roseville, or Sacramento, please contact us online or give us a call at (916) 844-4913. We can’t wait to hear from you!